"A house without books is like a room without windows" ~HEINRICH MANN

November 7, 2010

Book Review ~ Never Cry Werewolf

Title: Never Cry Werewolf
Author: Heather Davis
Rating: 3
Cover: 5 - I love the cover i think it is so adorable (the red hood? how cute!)

Moonlight can totally change your life.
And it all starts so simply.
You. Him. The moon. You’re toast.”
Okay, so maybe Shelby has made a few mistakes with boys lately. But her step-mother totally overreacts when she catches Shelby in a post-curfew kiss with a hot senior. Suddenly Shelby’s summer plans are on the shelf, and she’s being packed off to brat camp. It’s good-bye, prom dress; hello, hiking boots.
Things start looking up, though, when Shelby meets fellow camper (and son of a rock star) Austin Bridges, III. But soon she realizes there’s more to Austin than crush material—his family has a dark secret, and he wants Shelby’s help guarding it. Shelby knows that she really shouldn’t be getting tangled up with another bad boy…but who is she to turn her back on a guy in need, especially such a good looking one? One thing’s for sure, that pesky full moon is about to get her into trouble all over again.

I came into this book excited to read it, (I'm into werewolf books so it really interested me), wanting to like it, wanting to enjoy the characters and ultimately  the story. Unfortunately I wasn't completely satisfied *sigh*. It could be because the book is so short or because I didn't feel any connection between the characters.  I had trouble understanding why the main character did what she did most of the time, i thought about it for a while and the only conclusion i managed to come to was that it was simply to get the plot moving. If you like twists or analyse books too much, I probably wouldn't recommend it.  However, if you’re looking for a light read that you don't want to analyse then you would probably enjoy it. I also think that this book is aimed at a younger reader because it seemed childish at times.

~T

2 comments:

  1. Ah... think I'll avoid this one then. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review!
    I also want to read more about werewolfs (Vampires are boring me a little) but I'll steer clear of this one :)

    ReplyDelete